This is a full-time or part-time internship offering exposure to the publishing, editing, marketing, and graphic design world. Interns learn how the magazine is put together and how the editorial and graphic design departments work together to make it happen. The intern will also work closely with the Publisher of the magazine by assisting him with special projects in advertising, as well as with corporate and public relations, which will help them develop excellent communication skills. This also gives them the opportunity to meet business people (entrepreneurs and/or at the corporate level) nationwide. The intern is also offered the opportunity to attend high-profile events in the area either organized by the Magazine or by partner organizations.
Overall, it is a competitive experience that allows individuals to grow and get experience in the different fields of publishing.
Internship Positions Available
The ideal candidates must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, telephone, MS Word, Excel, speak Spanish and English fluently. Flexibility to work at least 20 hours a week.
- Research and develop stories
- Write and edit stories for the magazine, website, and online newsletters
- Schedule and organize interviews with industry professionals, public relations representatives and executives.
- Assist in the production of the bi-monthly publication
- Contribute to the daily flow of social media outlets by placing news items, videos and/or photos via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, etc.
- Attend and provide coverage of events and conferences
Please send two published clips, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Researching market trends and venues for promotion of the company Interfacing with customers
- Follow-up with Sponsors
- Research possible sponsorships
- Dynamic on-site marketing
- Prepare Media Kits
Please send cover letter and resume to Beana@latinastyle.com
Graphic Design Intern
- Design internal and/or external publications, brochures, advertisements, fliers, and direct marketing materials as assigned.
- Assist the editor in editing articles featured in the magazine before being published.
- Assist staff with special events as assigned.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Special Events / Research Intern
- Assist staff in the planning of special events (the Business Series with a possibility of traveling to event location and our NATIONAL LATINA Symposium)
- Design invitations for the events organized by the Special Events Department
- Assist staff with general office duties (mailings, photocopying, filing, etc.)
- Assist the Special Projects Coordinator with the planning of LS 50 Conference
- Conduct research on relevant topics for the magazine’s special edition
- Analyze data received from the surveys sent by companies, public relations agencies, governmental agencies, and universities.
- Responsible for creating strategic alliances with hotels/partner organizations/ photographers/ florists.
- Maintain databases for office use
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hands-on training in both controlled and paid circulation.
- Experience with list management, direct mailing, and newsstands.
- Hands on one on one circulation and all aspects of fulfillment
- Direct and be responsible for at least one major subscription drive among other duties.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call 214-357-2186